Thank you for registering to The Weekend Quilter’s Scrap Swap Social workshop at QuiltCon 2023. I can’t wait to get swapping and sewing with you all!
Please carefully read this page carefully to maximize your workshop experience.
To participate in the workshop you’ll need to purchase the workshop kit ($15 USD). Kits will be collected at the workshop. The workshop kit will include:
- One wooden dowel to transform mini quilt into wall hanging
- One 20in square of Quilter’s grid interfacing
Supplies and tools you’ll need to bring with you to the workshop are:
- Quilting cotton scraps you’re willing to swap and let go of:
- Approx. 1½ yards (that weighs about 8oz / 225 grams). Feel free to bring more. The more the merrier!
- Nothing smaller than 1½in square, and a few larger remnants or scraps for mini quilt back.
- Ideally, scraps are pressed before the workshop to skip the ironing line.
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat
- Quilting ruler (at least 6in x 12in)
- Seam ripper
- Fabric pen or marker
Other recommended supplies and tools to bring to class:
If you have the space in your suitcase and you would like to skip the ironing line, bring a wool pressing mat and iron along to class.
Kits are non-refundable or exchangeable. For more information or questions, hit the ‘contact’ button at the bottom of this webpage.